This year St Denys Church turns 150!
We want to mark our 150th year by investing in projects that will improve life for our community. To help us do this, we are looking for individuals, groups and businesses to each raise or donate just £150. If we can inspire 150 people to pledge £150, then we will raise a massive £22,500 to support our work.
How will we use your donations?
We will split all the money raised in three ways.
To IMPROVE our church buildings to make sure they are:
- A warm and welcoming environment, inside and out
- Easily accessible to the community
- Providing resources to facilitate a range of activities
and develop breakfast, after school and youth clubs.
How to get involved
You can make a donation or set up a fundraising page at our BT MY Donate page.
There are plenty of ways to raise money for our 150 for 150 campaign. Think about what you enjoy doing, get creative, and get your friends and family involved!
Here are some ideas to get you started…
- Have a party: Organise a quiz night, tea party, or film night, and ask your guests
to donate the amount they would normally spend on a night out
- Take on a challenge: Walk, run, cycle, jump out of a plane or do a sponsored silence,
and ask your friends and family to donate in support
- Give something up: Go without chocolate, coffee, takeaway or cake, and donate the money you have saved.
- Use your skills: Making, baking or creating, you could sell your handiwork and donate part of the profit to us.
- Make a donation: If you’d prefer, you can simply make a donation, letting us know it’s for the 150 for 150 campaign.