St Denys Church Mission Statement
Aims and Values
We are an Anglican (Church of England) church seeking to work out in practice what it means to be a Christian church in a local community. We are a growing church of some 90 adults and 25 children. We believe as a church we are big enough to cope and small enough to care.
We exist to worship God and to join people together in love, educate them in God’s ways and equip them to share their faith as they serve God and honour him everywhere they go.
Our values, We want to be …
- Inclusive – where all are wanted and the imperfect are perfectly welcome
- Teachable – where everyone can continue to grow in faith
- Helping – where compassion and service to each other and to the neighbourhood are shown
- Relaxed – where stress is taken out of life rather than put into it
- Available – where people can be used by God to touch others with God’s love
- Fun-loving – where people laugh together and eat together
- God-centred – where people can have a real meeting with God
Our worship services suit a wide range of people: some are lively and informal, some are formal and reflective. All are marked by good biblical preaching, praise and prayer. Testimony and prayer ministry also feature from time to time. Holy Communion is available every Sunday. The prayer focus of the parish is based upon a large number of prayer triplets and the fortnightly cell meetings.
Do come and see us. And pray for us and for the work of God in this place.